- My current celebrity crushes are Henry Rollins, Marc Maron, Rachel Maddow, and Neil DeGrasse Tyson (not necessarily in that order).
- If I find a pair of shoes I like, I’ll buy four or five pairs, typically all in the same color.
- I can read text upside down as fast as I can read it right side up.
- I used to sing at weddings and funerals to make extra money. If I never hear “Ave Maria” or “Amazing Grace” again, it will be too soon.
- At one Eastern Orthodox Catholic funeral, a priest accidentally hit me with a thurible (a brass incense holder suspended from chains that the priest swings around during the service). The weight of the thing (and the surprise) knocked me backwards up against an open casket. That was the last funeral I ever agreed to do.
- I’m religious about monthly smoke detector checks and daily sunscreen.
- I hate tulips.
- As a child, I spent many summer afternoons painting matryoshka dolls with my grandfather.
- At the moment, my favorite power tool is my Black & Decker Mouse detail sander.
- I’m fairly adept at picking locks.
 Marc Maron, adapted from “Marc Maron at The Great GoogaMooga Festival” by WarmSleepy licensed under [CC BY 2.0]
 “Thurible, Cathedral of Santiago de Compostela” by José Luiz Bernardes Ribeiro, licensed under [CC BY-SA 3.0]